Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Off to a Good Start for 2010 - Only 358 days to go AHHH!

Well, I didn't think of any resolutions to change; I am quite happy with my selections, and I did add a book club with a good friend. So far, I am off to a good start. I have packed my lunch every day this week (applicable to weight and dollar management, two birds with one stone HA!). I have also exercised, though Spin Class was full when I went on Monday night; I guess others have New Year's resolutions too. At the moment I am off to Pilates. I have also cooked every night this week, except last night, when we didn't eat at all except for fruit and crackers. We didn't go out to eat, as we strongly resisted the compelling cluck of Chick Fil A, so I guess that still counts in some strange way.

Rach and I are off to a good start with our book club. We have started with the Woman in White by Wilkie Collins, and I am loving it. It is allegedly one of the first published Mystery novels. Anyway, Rachel received a Kindle for Christmas, I have had my BeBook - most classic novels past their copyright dates are free in formats for both e-books. The little rat already finished the story. I need to get snowed in so that I can score some extra time to catch up. This gives me an idea - we might need another blog for this project!

Organization - ouch. This is a tough one, and I have to really make a concerted effort. I SO need to de-clutter and learn to part with things I don't love (see www.flylady.net).

French and sewing so far are both no-go's. Oh well, 358 days left, right?


New Years resolutions, 2010.

Goals: Simplicity. Attainability. Specific when possible.
Disclaimer: Subject to Change through December 31, 2009

1. Continue the following never ending quests:

a.) Better organization both at home and at the office
b.) More consistent physical fitness
c.) Improvement of time management
d.) Budget dollars more effectively

2. Become a better listener, suppress urge to constantly express opinion.

3. Keep up to date with journal and blog.
(Writing makes me feel better and keeps me accountable)

4. Learn to sew. (Challenge to be more well rounded)

5. Get serious about learning the French language. (Challenge to be more well rounded)

6. Cook 6 out of 7 nights a week, carefully planning shopping each week. (Exception: kitchen construction timeframe)

7. Work towards losing and keeping off the final 10 pounds prior to health day at work in May, subsequently improving BMI.

8. Started book club with Rachel D. in an effort to keep my brain occupied.

No comments:

Post a Comment