Friday, January 15, 2010

Not even 2 weeks in, and I blew it!

Apparently I am not such a good juggler. Last weekend proved to be extremely successful, yet the rest of the week was nothing but failed new years resolutions.

There is a room upstairs that is all mine. For the past 8 years, it has been all my mess, honestly. The room is unique because of the access to the walk up attic. The room's closet actually has a door in the back that leads to the attic. Unfortunately, things don't always make their way back into the attic after holidays, dinner parties, etc. When we remodeled last year, we painted the room a beautiful rosy terra-cotta an laid new carpeting. I was excited and resolved to clean out and furnish the room. To get started, I cleaned out the attic a bit, but my mess still remained for a while longer. I could not seem to figure out what I wanted to do with my little space.

My cousin Amy, who is a professional framer, gave me the precious gift of framing my college diploma. She gave me the finished product last Friday and asked where I was going to hang it. I told her it would be hung in my room if I could ever get the motivation to finish it. Well, the beauty of the diploma inspired me, and I was able to finally clean out, furnish, and arrange the room. It is amazing and I love it. I still have to hang the diploma, and another beautiful picture that my friend Lindy painted for me, but it is almost done.

Perhaps that was such a big undertaking that I did not have anything left for the week. Also, in my defense, it was an incredibly crappy work week. I only cooked two days this week, and ate out three. That is in direct violation to my resolution stating that I would eat out of the house only once during a week. I did make it to my Pilates class, but failed to take any spin classes or make it to the gym any other days.

To pat myself on the back, I have not been on Facebook in 2 weeks. That is a tremendous success for an addict such as myself.

Hopefully, calling myself out on my failures will inspire success next week. Giving up is not an option.

No comments:

Post a Comment