Monday, June 22, 2009

Dad's Day at Chez Spence

After a stormy Friday, and a rainy start to Saturday, our weekend here in Cleveland, OH turned out to be beautiful!

I was able to plant a few more herbs in my deck's container garden - I now have Chives, Oregano, and Mint to go along with my Simon-and-Garfunkel-esque line up of Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme.

Chez Spence also hosted a fabulous Dad's Day brunch, and I have to say, it was a great route to take. The menu consisted of a tasty strata that was effortlessly made the night before, some delicious herbed potatoes (featuring my own Rosemary and Parsley), and some various finger foods including an assortment of cheeses, fruits, smoked salmon, and shrimp cocktail. Of course we also indulged in Mimosas, and my mom brought some delicious banana muffins to complete the buffet and cater to the sweet teeth in the crowd.

I really enjoyed the brunch for a couple reasons. First of all, other than arranging the buffet, I was able to make most of the menu easily the night before and the oven did my work on the big day. This allowed me the ability to visit with our family as it cut down on time spent in the kitchen and made for much easier clean up. Second, everyone still had some daytime left when it was over, which is a treasure on a Sunday, the day before reality hits.

I will share the recipes once I figure out how to manipulate this blog more efficiently. In the mean time, it's time to start a new week.

No comments:

Post a Comment